Sausage Making, Chislic Feed and BBQ Conversation
A Day with your BBQ Pit Boys Family
Hosted By: Dan and Marlys Haase
AGENDA for Saturday March 13th
- 6:30 am – leave BBQ Heaven, Sioux Falls parking lot and arrive in Scotland, SD and the Dan and Marlys Haase farm around 8:00 am. Don’t be late as the bus won’t wait!
- Spend the day hands on making smoked German ring bologna, German sausage and breakfast sausage. You will be eating samples of each sausage and can purchase more at $2 (our cost) per pound.
- 12:00 noon – grilling German sausage and breakfast sausage patties with our BBQ Heaven fixin’s.
- 5:00 pm – lamb chislic feed (from the Kaylor Locker) with crackers & our BBQ Heaven fixin’s.
- 7:00 pm – load the bus and head for home arriving at BBQ Heaven around 8:30.
Your $150 ticket includes all of this: (including a 10 lb. package of sausage/ bologna)
- Round trip on a spacious chartered party bus.
- Hands-on learning of the art of sausage making.
- A day of BBQ conversation with your fellow BBQ enthusiasts – tips, tricks and secrets.
- Food and beverage – we eat pretty good just in case you are new to the group
- Lunch at noon with BBQ Heaven fixin’s
- Sheep Chislic feed (Kaylor Locker) at 5:00 with BBQ Heaven fixin’s
- Refreshments …. All day long … including coffee, pop, water, and beer!
- All the sausage making equipment and supplies for the day.
- Your ticket includes approximately 10 pounds of the sausage you helped make – Smoked German bologna (vacuum packaged and available for pick up at BBQ Heaven in a week or so because it is being smoked at the Kaylor locker). German sausage and breakfast sausage (take home with you).
- Want more to enjoy? You can buy whatever amount you would like at only $2.00 per pound (our cost) in approximately 10 pound packages of the smoked German ring bologna, German sausage or breakfast sausage. Please indicate your preferences and amounts when you purchase your ticket.
What do you need to bring?
- A cooler with ice/ice packs to take home your sausage and any additional sausage you have purchased.
- If you are interested (this is optional), bring something sweet to share throughout the day with your fellow BBQ enthusiasts (home baked or purchased) … cookies, bars, donuts, candy etc.
- An apron (if desired).
- A lawn chair.
- Everything else will be provided.